Saturday, July 17, 2010

Home.

I miss waking up to the dew drops sounding so peacefully outside my window.

I miss waking up smelling the strong mist of the carabao grass.

Oh how I miss waking up in my cozy little bedroom, with a flicker of sunshine touching my face.

I miss our kitchen and all the wonders it has done for me – The scores of successful magic and the pretty disappointments.

Our living room, that swings in between time and season. My mama’s mood and style – I love her taste. I cannot dare complain.

My Mama’s garden, which changes in her every frame of mind. So green and merry. Full of life and love.

Sam’s tomb that I constantly visit in my coffee mornings or in the late afternoon, wishing he was still alive, wagging his tail and playing fetch – but never ever did he return one. He was such a sweetheart, the only dog who melts my heart.

But there’s Ali... Whom I’ve taught how to sit. I wonder if he still remembers my command. Hopefully he still does. He is such a little monster. I smile at the sight of his ridiculous face.

The sound all the animals make. It keeps me sane. Reminds me that I am so alive.

The ocean, the sound of the waves as it touches the shore – makes a perfect lullaby in my case. Just the thought of it puts me in a good mood, perhaps to bed now for I am yawning...

Home... I will be with you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...