Sunday, July 8, 2012

My new lovelies.

I’ve always been fascinated about how the beauty of teapot evolved. From the early centuries of how the Chinese would use porcelain kettles and wine pots for their export and trade industry down to how the early Europeans would gather on a cozy afternoon for high tea and finally to the modern and lavish tea parties nowadays.

My collection started early 2010. Back then; I just had 2, that of the Vintage and Shabby kind. I would have to say I am exceptionally in admiration of the Vintage looking ones. I actually lost count of how many teapots I have now. Some I would get from trips elsewhere, and mostly come as gifts from special people. Some would just give an actual teapot and oftentimes they would surprise me with the complete tea set. And it keeps on growing...


A few days ago, my sister in law Lucy and her daughter Juliana surprised me with these two lovelies. And yes, they are of the shabby kind. I am a happy child!



Oh the simple pleasures of life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...