Saturday, November 8, 2014

Remembering Yolanda.



A year ago, I thought I would never come out of what seemed to be the end of our lives. I told myself, this is the end of the world. 

I stayed in the middle of what seemed to be the most uncomfortable chaos for hours holding my daughter in my arms never knowing what can happen next. 

Till this very day, I hold onto that experience as the scariest day of my life. It left us with nothing but only ourselves. 
It was hard. 


The few days, weeks were the hardest. With Julia, it was even harder. But she managed to rise above it all, giving me the strength to endure any obstacle. 
I dedicate this post to all who have lost their loved ones, to all of us whose homes were damaged, to all who were left with nothing and to all those who lost their beloved pets to the mighty storm. I dedicate this post to all of us who had to endure those hours of despair. I dedicate this post to all who have rose again and still found a little loveliness over their broken hearts. To those who have stood up and got everything going again. To those generous hearts for your support and love. And to all of us, who braved and braced that mighty storm, this is to all of you. 


If there was one thing that Yolanda taught me, it is to let go and let God. Let go of material possessions. Let go of unwanted things. All you need is each other, all you need is family. All you ever need is a hand to hold when the darkness and terror comes knowing that as long as we've got each other, everything will be okay. Because in life, there is always another day, a better day. 

I continue to pray for better days to come and for everyone to realize that we should enjoy the little things in life. For in these things come greater light. Maybe not now, but someday we will. 
Let us continue to smell the flowers and smile in the rain. The simple pleasures of life are the little things that happen each day. 

Thank you Lord for the gift of life! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...