Sunday, October 16, 2016

10th month and a secret.

To my funny and gentle giant, now that you have turned 10 months old, let me tell you how you've brought happiness to Daddy, Julia and Mama. 

Let me begin by saying how I love mornings when you wake up and bury your face next to mine, flashing me the sweetest smile, a mother's console to a long night's weariness. And then you go ahead and leap forward and check on Julia which is situated on my other side and patiently you try to figure out if she's asleep or awake. When Julia is in her sleep, I always tell you not to bother her so she gets her dose of sleep. So instead, you crawl down and slowly let yourself go down to where Daddy sleeps. How delighted you are when Daddy affirms your presence! 

I am so proud to tell you that in 10 months, you've learned and love to walk on your own. You are such a strong baby and I know in time you'll be able to do more. The world is beautiful and you too will experience it soon. I pray that time will slow down a bit- for you to fully appreciate the way it goes.

Let me tell you a big secret now...

When you were just 7 months old, mama found out that you were going to be a big sister. I honestly feel at times that I am maybe a tad selfish being pregnant while you are still a baby. But because you've grown up to be quite a joyful surprise I know that everything's going to be okay. That you and Julia will understand in time and eventually help mama out with your little sister. Yes, Sabel, you are going to have a little sister soon. 

Please be good to Mama at all times and I pray for your understanding and patience now that I'm pregnant. It won't be easy but seeing you and Julia makes me a proud Mama knowing it's worth it all. 


I love you, Belly!

Mama 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...