Friday, July 29, 2011

House of Teapots.

For someone like myself who is specifically fond of teapots will be in total bliss when visiting this House of Collection somewhere in Xavierville, Quezon City in the Philippines.

I met this lady in a dinner party and as soon as she knew I was into collecting teapots, she dragged me a couple of blocks to visit her house.

This lady particularly collected NOVELTY Teapots. I have never heard that such exist not until I saw it for myself. I personally collect Antique and Vintage Teapots as I find it very dainty and worthwhile collecting.

She has a total of 141 Teapots to be exact housed in a very huge Glass Cabinet specifically made for her collection. She has all sorts of Disney Characters, Presidents of the US, all the good things to be exact. She buys them from her trips abroad and from thrift shops elsewhere. And mind you, her teapots aren't cheap at all, they even have brands as I recall her story, she must be an avid shopper.

Here are some snippets of her Teapot Collection. I felt so tiny as my collection is only 5 teapots, but I have lovely ones, I proudly say. :)

I love how she managed to adorn her Glass Cabinet with a Giant Teapot.

Betty Boop and her charming glory on a shape of a Teapot.

This corner was my favorite. I love the flowery things.

She mentioned that this particular teapot was pricey and branded. Mickey and Minnie Mouse.

How lovely this kitchen replica of a teapot is? It is amazing how someone finds this. I have never ever seen a Novelty Teapot.

Dainty things are my favorite.

US Presidents and famous people. Novelty, indeed.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! Where did she buy those teapots? They are all so adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...