Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Healthy Chocolate Snack


I'm craving for my cousin Rachelle's Choco-Oatmeal Bars. She's out of the country right now enjoying the streets of Tokyo. She'll be back before the month ends and I cannot simply wait. 

So, I searched for the healthiest recipe I could ever find. Being 4 months pregnant makes you crave sweet and salty food all together and at times I do end up eating the bad stuff meaning chocolates and the ones that aren't supposed to make you healthy. 

This recipe calls for Whole Wheat Flour, Whole Grain Rolled Oats, Coconut Oil which I substituted with Canola Oil, Eggs, Raw Sugar, Rock Salt and 75-80% Dark Chocolate. 

With the simplest procedure --- just mix the dry ingredients all together and combine it with the wet ingredients and you're good to go. Bake in a 350 degree oven and cool slightly. Cut into bars and enjoy it with tea or coffee. If you're a breakfast person like me, it's good to crumble the bars and mix it with plain yogurt. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...