Tuesday, November 21, 2017

600 presents, good things and plenty.

I left home with the saddest and funniest story to tell. 
It was a Thursday night when I told my first born Julia that I was leaving for the next day for a short trip to Manila for a Mama’s Day Off which rarely happens to me. She took it so hard that she cried her heart out leaving me feeling torn and broken. She, at the age of almost five has a mind of her own and clearly is a boss at home. She tells me between sobs and not-so-gentle cries that I am a bad parent for the reason that I am leaving my children. I explained to her so many things that I too, need a break and need to recharge so I will have energy again. She does not buy any of my reasons and shuts me out by saying, “you hurt my feelings, Mama”. 
She tells me that I need to just stay at home and take care of them and fix things. 
Oh Julia! 
She fell asleep crying as I told her about the story of The Nativity. 
The next day, she wakes up like a raging bull telling me to just stay at home and not leave. 
By mid morning she finally lets go of the idea of me staying so she tells me that “okay, Mama, you can go, but you need to come back and bring me 600 presents”. 
600 presents. 
Oh, she doesn’t literally mean that much. All she knows is that 600 is a lot. 
So here I am, spending my last day in Manila and still in search of little things that can possibly charm her. 
Sabel on the other hand, is all smiles when I talk to her over video calls but always get teary eyed when I say goodbye.
When asked what she wants from here, she quickly tells me, “maaaa”. Her love for animals is simply amazing. 
The littlest one of all completely stares at me over video calls and is completely unaware of where I am, but I do miss her so. 
I miss my girls so much but Im so grateful for this little break. 
Thank you Dear God for making this happen. 
As I return home tomorrow, I promised my girls to decorate our little home with Christmas ornaments and hang their stockings too. 
I can’t wait to hug and smell them one by one. 
Thank you Dear God for good things and plenty... 

1 comment:

  1. Ohh.. one of the things that makes motherhood so complex yet so fulfilling...you are one admirable mom...��

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...