Sunday, February 16, 2020

Of flowers and sentiments.

I come rushing to our bedroom full of flowers, just a day after Valentine’s Day to pick up my glasses. I stop momentarily to enjoy how wonderful it smells. 




I always manage to unscramble the pretty tied bouquets to fill those vases – big and small with all the flowers the gentlemen brings.

I wish it were Valentine’s Day everyday…

A lady is eternally smiling from ear to ear with the sight of any piece of Valentine present from her partner.
There’s a certain scent that a flower brings. It smells like a little piece of heaven. It calms the soul and certainly is a feast for the eyes. It crafts a sentiment too, that only the body can muster. Oh how lovely it is to have flowers everyday!

I also got artworks from my girls.
They are so thoughtful and sweet. And I hope and pray that they would never tire in doing so. Just because.


I pray that they would grow up like me, fond of simple pleasures and the like. I wish they would master the art of drying flowers too. 


 It catches me in a corny mood thinking how many bouquets they will have to untangle to fill their vases, just like mine. The happiness they will feel when one finally gets her first bunch. 

Will there hands turn ice-cold like mine? Or will they wary away and hide all the pretty blooms like I did?
Oh… I am getting way too sentimental here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...