Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Lockdown.

Hello WORLD.


It is precisely more than a month’s time into this new normalcy we have been already familiarized with. 
It may sound strange, but I am truly having a good time at home.
I do miss going to my Mama’s house and doing the common grocery runs, the afternoon paseo, the Sunday breakfast at Papa’s, morning strolls and the going all-the-way to another municipality to check on our new store which I very miss a lot.  

Early morning strolls.

I may have gained a few pounds, but my heart and soul has grown fonder as I write this note.

The first week was by far the hardest, the settling in the new norm was practically overplaying. But then being over reacting meant being safe and protected (I’ve realized that by now). 
After all, we simply have this life, ONE life to live. 
I have become appreciative now on what used to be long hours, days and weeks after that horrid first week.

The joy that Netflix brings is by far amazing. 

source: Google photos

I began watching Outlander and still am enamored how all came to be. 
I have a few friends who are watching now as well. I remain anticipating on the new episodes weekly. By this time, I’ve learned relatively well that patience is a virtue. 

My laundry chores have been the most relaxing one to date. I purposely hang pieces to dry by color just because it looks pretty to my eyes. It’s also a serious workout, nonetheless. 

This is me prior to hanging clothes under the sun.
This was such a great buy for P88 at DAISO almost 2 years ago.

It was particularly windy this day. and I love how the wind blew the sheets of white back and forth.

The obsessive-compulsive in me started to hang them by color.

I started baking again. There was one particular week that I did a full throttle battling with yeast and flour in the kitchen. I wanted to perfect a certain bread recipe. And so I did by week 3. 

I was seriously in search for the perfect pandesal.

Also, by week 3, I felt the need to plant my feet on the ground just because I missed the beach so much at this time of the year. What I did was water the plants in barefoot. It was grounding, humbling and it felt familiar. Sort of mimicking how the sand feels on the toes one hot summer day. 

And I discovered a new hobby, watering the plants. 
Then came gardening. Our little corner for the indoor plants looked very crowded and gloomy. And so, by week 4, there was light and a tad bit of facing in that little corner. And I had to re-pot some and trim a few too. Also, by week 4, I placed indoor plants back inside the house. The house felt homey and beautiful. And since I have so much time, I offered these houseplants a new guise by wiping the leaves with expired Avocado Oil from the kitchen to make it look polished and bursting with life (a life hack brought to you by Tita Jenet). It takes time and patience too, but, by week 4, patience is like icing on the cake already. 
 My funny Tita Jenet uses Baby oil to prettify her plants.
Because, I am her follower and there is so much time, I did the same thing, only, with a different oil.
Even my dresser is well decorated. 

By week 5, 24 hours is merely not enough to fulfill everything. I am not complaining at all. 
The entire stretch of being quarantined in your own home has felt like giving back to nature, to mother earth and to our body and soul.
We felt being anchored to the house just because we basically needed a quick charge.
It has taught us to ease our minds, to clear our thoughts, to discover new meaning and appreciate the endless possibilities of being at home. To be one with nature again, to humbly plant our feet on the ground to make us all realize that there is a higher being who is in control of our lives. Lastly, to be one with God in good times and in bad, such as this pandemic which affects everyone.
My prayer time by week 6 has remained perpetual. It has made me sleep at night better because I worry less, entrusting all to God as I bid him goodnight each time. 

Lord, we believe, we adore, we trust and love you. We pray for those who do not believe, do not adore, do not trust and do not love you.

By week 6, my girls have established their routine too. They also have tasks, they play and go out in the garden, they get some sun and have worksheets to fill up before the day ends. 

A little picnic by the garden.

All is well. 
I wish I could say the same thing for the whole world. But I cannot. 

The Sunset is forever an afternoon delight. 

I urge you to take time and get some sun, sing in the bathroom, relive whatever hobby you may have put aside, read a book under a tree and enjoy the beautiful things that we are blessed with - while we still can.

And lastly, I pray for all of this to end soon. Like a bad nightmare, this, too, shall pass. 

"In our brokenness, we find Jesus in our strength."
Wisdom by Father Gani Petilos from his 3rd Sunday of Easter homily.  
It is worth reflecting.

We will have better days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...