Thursday, November 18, 2010

For the love of Vintage and Teapots.

I never had a serious addiction towards collecting something not until my teen years. I was totally obsessed with collecting stickers. I probably have a thousand already. I kept them securely in a huge sticker album that has been my greatest treasure to date. Fast forward, I am now in my mid-20's, collecting stickers would probably put me into a funny sanity state.

So, I went to this cozy coffee shop in Tacloban which is a 2-hour drive from Ormoc and had coffee with my friend Sherry. And there on a simple glass cabinet laid numerous teapots of different forms and sizes. I was mesmerized by its beauty that in the back of my mind I told myself - it can be done.

When I went back to Guam, I saw a teapot that reminded me of that thought "it can be done." and I immediately bought it without second thoughts, doubts, whatsoever. It was a white teapot with an antique finish and floral decoration. It reminded me of Tea Parties in a Victorian Home. I loved it. From then on, I saw one more piece and bought it right away.

When I came home (for good this time), I saw another one in Olive Green and has a very nice shape. So, I have a total of 3 Teapots now. My collection starts.

But because I was so inspired by my favorite blogger Simone of Beach Vintage, I began to appreciate 'vintage finds', and so I saw this bowl decorated with floral and of course purchased it right away for the price of P120.00 and indeed it was a fabulous find.

My love for Vintage and Teapot continues...

And I forgot to made mention about my sea shell collection... Through various Island Getaways, I managed to hand-pick myself shells which I find pretty; I have a lot. They are well displayed in my room now.

I'm a little teapot, short and stout...

This is a Vintage Carousel that I bought from my recent trip to Paris. Perhaps the only pricey thing that I ever bought there aside from Laduree macaroons. Lovely, isn't it?

And the Bowl that I got as a fabulous find. It can house just about anything from potpourri, sea shells, paper clips or even candies of different sort.

My collection now continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...