Friday, November 26, 2010

My Eat Pray Love Inspired Bicycle.

I've never been completely and meaningfully moved by a book in such a long time, perhaps too many sunsets ago I was moved by a novel or two, one by Susan Richards and the other one by James Patterson.

I packed a novel by Elizabeth Gilbert on my carry on for a trip that turned about to be the most memorable trip I've ever had in my entire existence to date. I first played with its crisp pages in the airplane and resume reading when I arrived Rome. Funny because as I was reading the first chapter "Eat", everything that the author noted was her life changing trip to Rome. Oh, how she loved the city and the friends she made. She wandered into the streets where I went as well. We both ate Gelato and tons of Pasta. But I have to admit that the best Pizza on Earth as she has described was in Naples and I never set foot there, someday I will.

So, there goes the novel... There goes me...

I strongly admire Elizabeth Gilbert for her courage to go through Italy, India and Indonesia to find balance in her life.

So, I went to google her just because I was practically amazed by her story. Only to find out some lovely pictures of her and her friends who were made mention by her in the book. It feels so nice having seen them even if its just a mere photograph. The fact that I found it makes me so glad, I could jump for joy seeing the real Richard from Texas, the real Wayan and Tutti and not to forget Ketut Liyer the Medicine Man. How fulfilling....

And so because I was deeply inspired and there was one single thing that made me really happy and I thought to myself, I could probably use one of those - Vintage Bicycle.

In the movie, Julia Roberts would wander into the streets and even rice paddies of Bali using her bicycle. Oh how I envy her. My boyfriend Julio decided to get me one and it was really Vintage. He just did a little fixing here and there and I was ready to pedal.

I have no pictures to show you just yet on me pedaling around. Soon I will post it here.


Here is the book. I have the exact copy as seen here.

Miss Gilbert's Ashram friends from India. The man with glasses behind her was said to be Richard from Texas as mentioned in her book.

The famous Medicine Man - Ketut Liyer who would always tell Liz, "smile with face, smile with mind and even smile in your liver"


The healer Wayan and her daughter Tutti.


Deeply inspired and cannot wait to have one...

And so, here is mine in it's all pink glory.


2 comments:

  1. My dad has a similar bicycle! Really nice with the basket in front. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should borrow it from your dad sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...