Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Gone too Soon.

His last breath was probably on Christmas Eve's morning. I got a text message from my cousin late afternoon informing me that Kane has passed away. My heart is broken.

He was suffering from a disease called EIA Equine Immune Anemia. It is a contagious disease that would eventually lead to a horse's death sooner or later. It is fatal. There is no cure. The best possible way is mercy killing so as not to prolong the agony of the horse.

I submitted myself to the most humane way of euthanasia and God knows what it was, I was never there when it happened. It is quite unfair that Kane had to die while some cousin of mine has probably 2 or more horses alive positive for EIA. Their horses has to be put down too. I sacrificed mine for the benefit of others.

If you love something, set it free.

You are now free Kane. Please watch over me...








I love you Kane, Goodbye...

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...