Saturday, August 4, 2012

DIY Paper Envelopes with Liner

I've been making my own paper envelopes lately. Ideas and inspiration comes from the wide array of lovely sites I stumble upon the internet. I particularly wanted to re invent the simple paper envelope and make it more appealing with a liner to prettify the whole ensemble. 

This is what you'll ever need for this project. Consider them your best friends at the moment. 

A good quality Glue Stick or you can also make use of a Double-Sided Tape for sticking purposes. A mighty Pencil. Sharp Scissors that can cut layers of construction paper, and lastly for this particular project, a Brown Construction Paper

Photo via Google


What do you do with a piece of Paper Bag? I say, cut out the lovely pattern and make use of it. In that way, you have recycled and reused the item.

Here are the easy steps:

1. Look for an envelope that you are willing to copy. You can always get a lot of patterns online but on my part, I made my own. You can always copy mine if you wish.

2. Trace the outline along the construction paper.Be careful to be accurate with the measurements.

3. Now, you can start cutting the outline from the construction paper.  And fold all the edges together and seal them with glue or you can also use a double-sided tape.

4. Take a piece of the beautiful pattern from the paper bag and cut along an approximate size that can fit into the envelope and make some steady measurements to create a liner. 


5. This is what you'll get - the finished product from front and back. 

It's all about creating little pretty things that make you smile. And who doesn't love personalized items anyways? 

Have a happy weekend everyone! 

4 comments:

  1. You're posts make life here in Cebu less boring Ric! :) I'll be making this soon after our long exams! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Norina - Yes, I am making more envelopes from gift wrappers and oh I have another post re the bookmarks I made. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maly - I am so excited with the next post Mal. :) You shall uncover it soon na. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...