Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Pretty in Pastels.

Who doesn't love this Color Palette? It reminds you of Cotton Candy and Bubble Gum. 

My favorite Martha Stewart punchers and my crafting gadgets all  came in handy as I was making these pretty and dainty bookmarks a few weeks ago. And again, I am not marketing them as they are not for sale(Although my Mama has already told me to consider it). I usually hand it out to cousins, nieces and friends who come by and visit me at home. 

The memories of my childhood slowly catches my eye. I can vividly remember the birthday parties with all the food carts all lined-up in its colorful glory. There was a Cotton Candy cart with plastic buntings on top, then there was this fish ball cart and lastly the Dirty Ice Cream cart all colorful and bright. At the end of the buffet line are the give-aways all piled up waiting to be distributed by the birthday celebrant. Inside it were a mix of all the good things. All the Big Boys, the Frutellas, Wafer Sticks, Smarties Chocolate Candies, Nips, Cloud-9, Hiro and so much more. All bright and beautiful things. 

Pretty in Pastels is inspired by the Kiddie Parties back then when I was a kid. And ultimately, by the Cotton Candies and Bubble Gum madness. 

I love Blue.


All things bright and beautiful.

Blue, Pink and Simply White.

Pink and Lavander.

Pink and Simply White.

Lavender and Simply White.

When life throws you a lemony yellow...

The actual size of the Pink and Blue Bookmark. 

Do traces of your childhood memory inspire you to do lovely things? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...