Thursday, January 21, 2010

Rafael's Farm.

My boyfriend Jules and I went to Tacloban City, a 2-hour drive from where we are, to visit my good pal Sherry. She took us to a place called Rafael’s Farm which is located in Barangay Pagsulhugon, Babamgon, Leyte. They open daily from 10 am to 8 pm.

When I saw the place, I felt I was in a changed world, living the enchanting life of fairy tale princesses. It was like paradise. I couldn’t bring to an end my explorations on the modest things their dining spot has. The intricate pieces of antique were present all over the place, even to the powder room. They used simple materials yet they made it extraordinary and I have no idea how they put together such a very lovely sanctuary.

Okay, I’m joyfully in love with the place. I can’t wait to go back. Aside from the beautiful landscapes they formed, their restaurant offers dishes that are remarkably scrumptious and impressive. They grow their own vegetables, and mind you their salads are flavourful too. You have to be there, to actually sit in the old tables and chairs, experience the vintage touch of the place and feast in a very breezy open air area bounded by a fishpond with Japanese koi swimming here and there, overlooking the man-made pond that houses lilies and goose that were just wandering around, to be able to appreciate all I am saying.

I captured pictures that can somehow charm you to get there. My friend Sherry has also exquisite shots of the place. But everything is in my heart and mind by now. I will come what may create my own Rafael’s farm one day, not as big, but just as magical as it was. And I will never stop daydreaming about it until I have it in my very eyes.

Enjoy the photographs...


The dining area.

Flowers greet you at the entrance.

The dining area in bounded by this pond with green plants floating on the surface.

Goose just wanders around the entire farm.

An old well serves as a decoration in the garden.

An old night lamp is decorated all over the man-made pond.

A beautiful gazebo.

The choice is yours if you want to go rowing around this little boat.

Shadows of happy faces.

The toilet has a spa-like touch and feel.

Paintings and crafts are displayed everywhere.

I am inlove with this floor length white curtains.

A classic lamp shade.

The China cabinet with the owner's collection of old vintage finds.

Look at the detail of the walls and windows.

Their wine is hiding behind these shells.

A country watch that tells the time when we got there. Time to chow!

Look at the pretty tables and hand made table covers.

Their dining area.

I ate Farmer's Salad, Herb-Roasted Chicken, String Potatoes and Banana Turon for dessert. They also brew their own iced tea which ranges from lemon, ginger and lemongrass. They have gourmet sandwiches and a vast selection of coffee and chillers as well.

Happy faces and happy tummy's.

Sherry and I.

Thanks to Sherry for this lovely photograph.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...