Thursday, January 14, 2010

Wonder Bread.

Why Wonder Bread? Because it's wonderful. No. It's not really. As I finished reading the book of Nicholas Sparks "The Wedding", I kept going back to the Wonder Bread and how famous it is because it was that bread that Noah kept feeding the Swan that was on the pond of Creekside. So, voila! My Wonder Bread. :) It's actually a recipe of Paris Bread (French Bread) or commonly known as "Baguette" in France. What I did was I made it into small but long pieces because I have this vision inside my head of those movies I saw, girls bringing paper bags fillled with baguettes and some of their groceries in tow. For me it was wonderful to look at.
Anticipating, waiting for the top to crack a bit and to turn into golden brown.


I made quite a number of bread but because I was playing smart, I managed to brush Egg Wash (Egg yolk + Milk + Little Water), hoping it would give the end result a golden brown color. But sad to say, it did but it made the crust extremely hard, and when I say hard, really hard like a stone. But the inside was tasty and right. Up to now, I still laugh about how my family ate it.



So, today, exactly 4 days after my first Baguette, I will try again. I will post pictures if they appear right. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...